Practice Accreditation Improvement Survey
In 1997, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) released national standards to support Australian general practices, Aboriginal Medical Services, after-hours deputising services, and the Royal Flying Doctor Service to protect patients from harm.
As part of the RACGP Standards for general practices 5th edition, general practices are required to undertake patient feedback as part of the accreditation process. CFEP Surveys is proud to provide a RACGP approved questionnaire, known as the Practice Accreditation and Improvement Survey (PAIS), that fulfils the RACGP Standards 5th edition requirements within Australia.
Our CFEP Surveys PAIS tool aims to provide as little disturbance to the day-to-day running of a practice as possible, giving practice teams more time to focus on patient care. Our PAIS tool is cost-effective, and we offer discounts to our returning customers. Most of our PAIS customers have used our tool to meet accreditation requirements since the RACGP Standards for general practices 5th edition was first introduced.
Meets accreditation requirements
Easy, efficient and cost-effect patient feedback
Here at CFEP Surveys, we recognise the daily challenges of running a successful practice and have developed systems and processes to ensure collecting patient feedback is an efficient and cost-effective experience.
As part of the CFEP Surveys PAIS tool, we provide practice teams with:
- Personalised support from the CFEP Surveys team to assist practices with the administration intricacies associated with the collection of patient feedback
- Cost-effective service solution based on your practice’s FTE count
- A questionnaire that is simple, time-efficient, easy to administer and inclusive of all questionnaire resources and materials
- Reassurance that data is managed in line with privacy and confidentiality legislative requirements
- Data benchmarking against national, FTE and Rurality scores
- Data to support quality improvement including an action plan template
- Practice and individualised general practitioner reports, inclusive of a complementary interpretation guide and explanation by CFEP Surveys staff
- The guarantee that patient feedback is collected in a way that meets the requirements of the RACGP Standards 5th edition, and
- The ability for general practitioners to gain continuing professional development (CPD).
Interested in the PAIS tool for your practice?
Collection of patient feedback via CFEP’s PAIS offering follows a simple process:
- Practice completes the CFEP Surveys PAIS application form. Online only, mixed mode or paper-based can be selected
- CFEP Surveys provides the practice contact the PAIS materials
- Reception staff distribute the PAIS to each patient after their consultation
- Patients complete the three to five minute patient feedback survey
- Data from online and paper-based surveys is collated and analysed, including the deidentification of patient responses
- CFEP Surveys develops and provides the practice with a comprehensive report, including national benchmarks to over 5,000 practices Australia-wide
Meeting accreditation requirements
CFEP Survey’s PAIS results are comprehensively analysed to assist with quality improvement, and support practice teams to meet accreditation requirements. We provide practice teams and/or individual GPs with in-depth, visual and informative reports. Information provided within this report can be used to improve the patient experience, reflect on current systems and processes, identify action items and drive quality improvement activities. An action plan template further supports practice teams to meet Indicator B, Criterion QI 1.2 – Patient Feedback within the RACGP Standards.
By utilising CFEP’s PAIS tool, general practitioners also have the option to gain continuing professional development (CPD).
Contact our team to discuss the CFEP Surveys PAIS tool today
RACGP approved questionnaire
It’s clear now more than ever that the patient voice plays a crucial role in bettering healthcare. As endorsed by the RACGP, the use of reliable, tested and validated survey tools such as the PAIS ensures valuable information can be collected and interpreted to drive quality improvements across the primary care sector.
CFEP Surveys PAIS questionnaire consists of 28 items, and it includes the Interpersonal Skills Questionnaire (ISQ) for doctors, which formulates part of the RACGP and ACRRM Professional Development Programs. This questionnaire takes patients three to five minutes to complete. Encompassing international literature, input from consumers, general practitioners and consultation with international researchers*, CFEP Survey’s PAIS tool is the preferred patient feedback tool of over 5000 practices Australia-wide.
Cost-effective pricing and returning customer discounts
We recognise that running a successful practice comes with considerable expenses. So, we are proud to provide value-for-money patient feedback solutions while also saving practice teams time relating to administration and resourcing commitments.
Our PAIS tool is supported by a competitive discount for our repeat customers.
Up to 1
Standard Price ex-GST
Standard Price inc-GST
Returning Client Price ex-GST
Returning Client Price inc-GST
Secure your PAIS survey today
* Greco, M.; Sweeney, K.; Brownlea, A. and McGovern, J. 2001. Practice Accreditation and Improvement Survey (PAIS) – what patients think. Australian Family Physician. Vol. 30, No. 11, pp. 1096-1100. Please click here to view publications.